OnePlus was at the MWC 2019 tech show not to unveil a new smartphone, but to showcase one that was on the way. At the time, we only knew it as OnePlus 5G phone, but today, we know it as OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
As you may have guessed, this phone is mostly the same as the standard OnePlus 7 Pro, but with a 5G modem. In fact, that’s the only major difference between the two Pro devices, but of course, there’s more to the 5G model that we think you need to know about.
Here, we talk more about the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G specs, release date, price and availability, among other stuff. We have similar posts for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro too.
OnePlus 7 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch 19.5:9 QHD+ (3140×1440) Fluid AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G modem
- 12GB RAM
- 256GB storage
- Tri-lens main camera: 48MP (f/1.6, OIS, EIS) + 16MP (f/2.2, 117° ultra-wide) + 8MP (telephoto, f/2.4, 3x zoom, OIS)
- 16MP (f/2.0) pop-up selfie camera
- 4000mAh battery
- OxygenOS on top of Android Pie
- Extras: Bluetooth 5.0, in-display fingerprint scanner, face unlock, USB Type-C, NFC, 30W Warp Charge, dual stereo speakers, noise cancellation support, Dolby Atmos, etc.
Besides support for 5G, the major highlight of the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is the tri-lens main camera. To make it even better, OnePlus has included a flurry of features and modes that include UltraShot, Nightscape, Studio Lighting, Portrait, Pro Mode, Panorama, HDR, AI Scene Detection, RAW Image, Multi Autofocus (PDAF+LAF+CAF), and Dual LED Flash on the main camera as well as face unlock, HDR, screen flash, face retouching, and more on the pop-up selfie camera.
More features will be added in future software updates.
OnePlus 7 Pro 5G release date
OnePlus 7 Pro 5G was announced on May 14, 2019, alongside the other two OnePlus 7 variants, but it isn’t coming to the U.S. Instead, the device is available in the UK, Finland, and other European and Asian countries that have ready 5G infrastructure.
In the UK, for instance, the phone is already available through EE.
Related → 5G UK: Network coverage, 5G phones, release date, and more
OnePlus 7 Pro 5G price
As far as price is concerned, the company hasn’t been quite clear on this. Carriers have also done everything possible to make it hard to determine the exact price of the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, with EE offering the phone through 2-year plans that include services.
Here are the plans:
- £59/month for 10GB, £170 upfront
- £64/month for 10GG, £70 upfront
- £69/month for 30GB, £50 upfront
- £74/month for 60GB, £30 upfront
- £79/month for 120GB, £10 upfront
OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Android Q update
OnePlus 7 Pro already has a place in the ongoing Android Q beta program. Since the 5G has the same hardware and configuration as the standard Pro model, the two should receive the updates to Q at about the same time.
As for when the OS arrives, we can’t say for sure, especially now that carriers are heavily involved. If anything, the update should be ready before the end of Q4 2019.
Of course, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G will also receive an update to Android R, and probably Android S later in 2022.
Related: 5G Android Phones – Device list