Late last year, Microsoft made available a test build of Windows 10 for Xiaomi’s 2015 Flagship Android phone, Mi 4. Now, coming to 2016, the software giant is now working to bring Windows 10 to OnePlus 2.
The OnePlus 2 Windows 10 ROM is said to be available very soon, probably in the next few weeks/months. Also, Microsoft is rumored to bring Windows 10 to the upcoming OnePlus flagship, the OnePlus 3, which is said to release in June this year.
Recalling from the Xiaomi Mi 4 Windows 10 release, we guess the OnePlus 2 Windows 10 ROM will be available in a similar way — recovery flashable zip, like all custom ROMs do.
The OnePlus 2 Windows 10 ROM isn’t available for download yet, but when it’s available, you know you just have to follow the simple steps below to install the Windows 10 Mobile ROM.
How to Install OnePlus 2 Windows 10 ROM
- Download and transfer the Windows 10 ROM to your OnePlus 2.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the custom ROMs .zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
- Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.