The T-Mobile HTC One S is receiving an over the air update to software version 2.35.531.7 710RD, which updates the device to Android 4.0.4 and also updates Sense 4.0 to 4.1. Android 4.0.4 is not as important an update as Android 4.1, but it does provide some noticeable performance and stability improvements over 4.0.3, so it’s certainly a welcome update.
The following improvements are what the update brings according to T-Mobile:
- Helps with data connection delay
- Helps with signal fluctuations
- Helps with Wi-Fi dropping connection or not connecting
- Helps with Wi-Fi stays connected when out of range
- Helps with device crashes or restarts
- Helps with email links do not open
- Helps with loading screens or lag when returning to home screen
- Helps with streaming music skips
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
- User interface improvements
- Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity
There are the usual requisites for getting the update, including a stock non-rooted firmware, data connection and 50% battery life. If you haven’t received the notification for the update yet, don’t forget to do a manual check for it from the Settings » About phone menu on the phone.