Galaxy Ace owners, here’s another brand new Custom ROM with a difference for you to try out on your devices. The ROM is called MeeGO 1.2, and is based on Cyanogenmod 7 or CM7. It is pre-rooted and deodexed, and is styled completely based on the MeeGO OS, which was also seen on the Nokia N9.
For the uninitiated, MeeGO is a Linux-based open source mobile operating system project, primarily targeted at mobile devices and information appliances in the consumer electronics market.
Without further ado, let’s move on to see how we can get this new ROM running on your Ace.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device as it might damage your device irreparably. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model under Settings » About Phone
- Developer – tazlooney89 (XDA)
- Based on CyanogenMod 7.2.0 by vo-1 (update 18/02/12)
- Root & Deodexed
- Kernel Blackhawk by Ketut
- Framework mod (30 volume steps)
- Lagfree V3 By Slaid480 (Edited by g_BonE)
- GPS Fix by lagloose
- Turboboost v8.5 by GadgetCheck
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. You can use this guide to Root your Galaxy Ace
- Fully Charged Battery
- Backup all your data. You can refer to this this excellent Android Backup Guide
How To Install MeeGO ROM on Galaxy Ace
- Download the MeeGO ROM file to your PC, from official development page. [ FileName: MeeGo.zip | Size: 76.2 MB]
- Transfer the ROM’s zip file that you downloaded above in step 1 to your phone’s internal sdcard
- Power Off your Galaxy Ace. Wait for 5-6 seconds until you feel the vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Then, press and hold these 2 buttons together: ‘Home+Power’ till the Galaxy Ace logo shows up on-screen. You’ll boot into CWM recovery soon enough. (In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option. Use back key to go back).
- Once in CWM, Select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the main menu, and on the next screen select Yes-wipe data
- Now scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and select it. On the next screen Select Yes-wipe cache.
- Now on the main menu, click Mounts and storage, and then Select Format System. On the next screen, Select Yes-Format System
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”, then scroll to the “MeeGo.zip” file you transferred in step 2 above and select it.
- Then select “Yes, InstallMeeGo.zip”. The ROM will now start installing.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu & select “Reboot system now”.
- That’s it, You should now be running the MeeGO styled custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace!!
To find updates, add-on downloads, and bug fixes for this ROM, you can visit the original development thread linked above. Show this off to your friends, and let us know your thoughts, and theirs, in comments below.
download link is broken…….
download link is broken…….
Comments are closed.