Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory images are out, but we’re pretty sure many of you folks are either waiting for OTA update or a recovery flashable Marshmallow ROM for your Nexus 5.
Well, thanks to the holy folks over at xda, we already have a couple of ROMs based on the just released Android 6.0 Marshmallow MRA58K build for Nexus 5.
Grab the Marshmallow ROM by dekefake for Nexus 5 from download link below and follow the simple instructions to flash/install it. The ROM is absolutely stock for the most part.
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Marshmallow ROM for Nexus 5 (.zip)
– File name: hammerhead_mra58k.zip
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Marshmallow Bootloader + Radio for Nexus 5 (.zip)
– File name: MRA58K_Radio+Bootloader.zip
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Nexus 5
- Download and transfer both the Marshmallow ROM file and the new Bootloader + Radio zip file to your Nexus 5.
- Boot into TWRP recovery.
- Wipe data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache + Dalvik Cache.
- First flash the MRA58K_Radio+Bootloader.zip file and then the hammerhead_mra58k.zip ROM file.
- Reboot phone.
We aren’t sure if the ROM is pre-rooted or not. In case it isn’t, follow the guide below to root Marshmallow on Nexus 5.
[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Root Marshmallow on Nexus 5