TWRP recovery is a custom recovery that is used for flashing custom ROMs on Android devices (as well as other things such as making ROM backups, factory resetting the device, etc) and is now available for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note. While ClockworkMod recovery is the go-to recovery for most devices, TWRP recovery takes things two steps further by having a proper touch-interface particularly suited to tablets and large displays, along with features such as fast ROM backups and restores, an inbuilt file manager with on-screen keyboard, themes support, and more.
The guide below will help you flash TWRP 2.2.0 recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note with step-by-step instructions, so continue reading.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with T-Mobile Galaxy Note, model number T879. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy Note
- Make sure your phone is rooted. You can use the guide → here to root.
- Download the app GooManager from the Play Store.
NOTE: If you cannot find it on the Play Store or it isn’t compatible/available for your device, you can manually download its .APK file from here, copy it to the phone, and install it manually using a file manager (make sure Unknown sources is enabled under Settings » Security so that you can install apps manually).
- Open GooManager app on your phone. Grant it root access by pressing the Grant/Allow button when prompted.
- Then, press the Menu button (or the button with 3 dots on the top right of the screen), then click on “Install OpenRecoveryScript”, then click on Yes. Confirm download and install of recovery by pressing Yes on next popup.
- TWRP recovery will then be downloaded and then installed on your phone after a reboot.
- Once TWRP recovery is installed, to try it out, open the GooManager app and press the Reboot recovery button to reboot into recovery.
TWRP recovery is now installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note. Have fun flashing custom ROMs!