Been waiting for the latest TWRP recovery 126.96.36.199 to arrive for your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet? Well, your wait should be over now. Developer rgib has just posted test release of TWRP recovery version 188.8.131.52 for all Galaxy Note 8.0 N51xx variants.
You can download the test release from the link below and have it installed on your Galaxy Note 8.0. The recovery is available in both .img file format (flashable via Flashify with root access) or a .tar file flashable via Odin (no root required).[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Galaxy Note 8.0 TWRP 184.108.40.206
└ Download the TWRP recovery file specific for your model number only. Download either .img (for Flashify) or .tar (for Odin) as per your choice.
Instructions for flashing .img file using Flashify
- Download the twrp-220.127.116.11-n51xx.img file from the link above to your Galaxy Note 8.0.
- Download and install Flashify App from Play Store [link →].
- Open Flashify and grant it root access when it asks.
- Now select the “Recovery image” option under flashing options and select the twrp-18.104.22.168-n51xx.img file that you downloaded on your device.
- Press Yup! to confirm flashing.
- Once flashing process finishes, the app will ask if you want to reboot, do it.
Instructions for flashing .tar file using Odin[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Odin 3.09
- Download TWRP revovery and Odin 3.09 from the downloads section above.
- Open Odin3 v3.09 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy Note 8.0 into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your Note 8.0 is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the tablet and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now click on the AP button on Odin window and select the twrp-22.214.171.124-n51xx.tar file that you downloaded above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Note 8.0 and select the TWRP file in PA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your tablet will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing.
Cheers! TWRP recovery 126.96.36.199 should be installed on your Galaxy Note 8.0 now.