The Xiaomi Mi Mix was the device to bring in the craze of the “bezel-less display”. When the Xiaomi Mi Mix was launched back in 2016. It pushed the boundaries of screen-to-body ratio with a whopping 83.6% screen-to-body ratio. Everyone in the tech-space wanted to get their hands on the Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Xiaomi had literally eliminated the top bezel from the Xiaomi Mi Mix and shaved off the side bezels as well while retaining a small chin at the bottom of the device housing the front-facing camera. With the launch of the Xiaomi Mi Mix, other manufacturers also hopped on the “bezel-less bandwagon” to create their very own ‘all-display’ smartphones.
In case you picked up the Xiaomi Mi Mix and are still holding on-to the device, we’ve got good news for you. Xiaomi has released the stable update to MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Let’s take a look at how you can get the MIUI 10 update on the Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Related articles that you may like:
- Will the Mi Mix get Android 9 Pie update?
- Xiaomi Android Pie release roadmap
- Best Xiaomi phones in 2018
How to install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix
You can grab the latest update for your Xiaomi Mi Mix from the link below. To install, follow any of the two guides below, although the simplest one is Method 1 below, that uses the local updater option within the Settings app. Super easy.
Download either one of the two ROMs below to install the global stable MIUI 10 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi Mix:
- Local Update ROM | 1.4 GB
- Fastboot ROM | 1.6GB
Which ROM should I download?
Well, updating the phone using system ROM is easiest. See Method #1 called ‘local update’ for this. If this doesn’t work for you, then you may use the Fastboot ROM, for which, method #2 below will help you.
How to Install
We would recommend you to use the Method #1 given below as this is pretty easy. Method #2 requires an unlocked bootloader, which voids the warranty of the device.
- Download the System ROM recovery update file from the link above.
- Transfer the update file to your Xiaomi Mi Mix if you downloaded it on PC.
- Open the Settings app, and tap on About phone.
- Tap on System update.
- Tap on 3-dot menu button in the top right.
- Tap on Choose update package.
- Browse and select the update file you downloaded above.
- The system will verify the update and install it automatically. When it asks for confirmation, do confirm to allow installation. Be sure to back up important data as the update installation may delete apps and data.
In case the above method doesn’t work, know that you can use the Method 2 below to install using the fastboot method.
Method 2: Using Fastboot
- You will need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi Mix first for this as fastboot is locked by default. Take your time doing this.
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.
- Download the fastboot update file from the table above. Be sure to check that the file you downloaded ends with .tgz extension (not .zip).
- Turn off your Xiaomi Mi Mix and press the Volume + Power buttons simultaneously to enter into Fastboot mode. Connect the Xiaomi Mi Mix to your PC using a USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file and decompress it.
- Open the file folder for the decompressed package and copy its path on your computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1.
- Double click on it to install on your PC.
- When the installation is done, open MiFlash.exe file.
- In its address bar, paste the folder path of the ROM file you copied above.
- Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh and MiFlash will automatically recognize your Xiaomi Mi Mix.
- Click the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Sit back and watch the progress bar inside MiFlash turn fully green, implying that the new system update has been successfully installed on your Xiaomi Mi Mix.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix will reboot automatically and you have the update running.
Let us know how you feel about the MIUI 10 update in the comments below.