The Galaxy ACE, one of the more popular budget handsets from Samsung’s Galaxy stable, just received a shot in the arm, in the form of an MIUI 4 styled custom ROM! Not wanting to wait till the Ace gets an official or unofficial MIUI port, XDA member Rushabh25 of Team Adreno has decided to develop his own custom MIUI styled ROM based on stock, but with elements of MIUI 4 incorporated into the ROM, giving it that distinctive MIUI 4 look. It is called MIUY 4 and if you’ve gotten bored of the stock look on your Ace, this is definitely something worth flashing.
A quick look at the features of MIUY 4:
- MIUI type UI
- MIUI LauncherMIUI Boot Animation
- MIUI Platlogo
- CRT Animation Enable
- Lagfree v3 and Turboboost v8.5
- Very fast and ultra-stable
- Default Clock widget themed to MIUI
- Stock Apps Replaced With MIUI Apps Like Camera,Music Player,etc
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device as it might damage your device irreparably. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model under Settings » About Phone
→ MIUY 4 ROM
File Name: MIUY4v1.zip | Size: 88.52 MB
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. You can use this guide to Root your Galaxy Ace.
- Fully Charged Battery
- Backup all your data. You can refer to this this excellent Android Backup Guide
- Download the MIUY4 ROM file (Link provided above) to your PC
- Transfer the ROM zip file that you downloaded above in step 1 to your phone’s sdcard
- Power Off your Galaxy Ace. Wait for 5-6 seconds until you feel the vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Then, press and hold these 2 buttons together: Home+Power till the Galaxy Ace logo shows up on-screen. You’ll boot into CWM recovery soon enough. (In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option. Use back key to go back).
- Once in CWM, Select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the main menu, and on the next screen select Yes-wipe data
- Now scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and select it. On the next screen Select Yes-wipe cache.
- Now on the main menu, click Advanced, and then Select Wipe Dalvik cache. On the next screen, Select Yes-Wipe Dalvik
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”, then scroll to the “MIUY4v1.zip” file you transferred in step 2 above and select it.
- Then select “Yes, Install MIUY4v1.zip”. The ROM will now start installing.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu & select “Reboot system now”.
- That’s it, You should now be running the MIUY4 custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace!!
To find updates and bug fixes for this ROM, you can visit the original development thread. Show this off to your friends, and let us know your thoughts, and theirs, in comments below