Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 update is on the roll world-wide. Yesterday, the update went live for France and UK, and just now the US Cellular Galaxy S6 variant G920R4 just received the Android 5.1.1 update.
You could either install the OTA update, check for it from Settings » About phone » Software updates, OR download the full firmware from the link below and install it via Odin.[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Galaxy S6 G920R4 Android 5.1.1 Firmware – G920R4TYU2BOF7 [icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Odin 3.10.6
US Cellular Galaxy S6 G920R4 Android 5.1.1 Update Installation
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your S6 is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now extract .zip firmware file you downloaded above to get the Odin flashable .tar file inside.
- Now click on the PDA tab on Odin window and select the .tar FIRMWARE file you extracted in the step above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy S6 and select the FIRMWARE file in PDA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your phone will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your Galaxy S6 and your device will be running on Android 5.1.1 with build number G920R4TYU2BOF7.
Cheers! Now if you’re looking for info on root status, check the link below:
[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 Root Status