Looks like T-Mobile is set to bring the Android 5.1.1 update for the Samsung devices before any other carrier or international variants get it. Only recently, T-Mobile released Android 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge and today it’s releasing the update for the Galaxy S5.
We don’t have the changelog yet for the update, but it should be packing enough interesting stuff to have fun with. The T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Android 5.1.1 update comes with build number G900TUVU1FOF6 and is already on the rollout as we speak. Force check for software update from settings if you haven’t received the update notification yet, or grab the full firmware flashable via Odin at the download link below.
If you’re rooted, know that installing the Android 5.1.1 T-Mobile Galaxy S5 update will unroot your device. And Chainfire is yet to release Cf-Auto-Root even for the Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 update, which happened a week ago. So it might take some time before Cf-Auto Root is made compatible with the Android 5.1.1 update for your Galaxy S5 as well.[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Android 5.1.1 [icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Odin 3.10.6
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Android 5.1.1 Update Installation
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy S5 into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your S5 is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now extract .zip firmware file you downloaded above to get the Odin flashable .tar file inside.
- Now click on the PDA tab on Odin window and select the .tar FIRMWARE file you extracted in the step above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy S5 and select the FIRMWARE file in PDA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your phone will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your Galaxy S5 and your device will be running on Android 5.1.1 with build number G900TUVU1FOF6.