A new custom ROM for the Nexus 5X has just surfaced with Pixel exclusive features that have been making it to rooted Nexus devices lately. The new ROM is called PixelRom by the dev and is available for download for all Nexus 5X users as we speak.
This is first Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X or any Nexus phone for that matter. As you’d expect, the ROM brings several of the Pixel features (along with some theming) to make your Nexus 5X feel like a Pixel phone.
Built by developer argraur, the Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X is based on the latest developer preview release NPF10C with Android 7.1.1. The ROM comes with the following features:
- Modified SystemUI with Pixel’s white navigation bar
- Pixel Launcher
- Removed Android Beta screen at boot
- Pixel Launcher Icons
- Pixel Wallpaper Picker
- Pixel SetupWizard
- Pixel Bootanimation
- Android 7.1.1 D
- CF-AutoRoot by Chainfire
- Google Assistant
- Round Icons
- Battery Saver not orange, its transparent
- Night Light Mode
- Surround sound
Since this is a first release of a Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X, the feature list is pretty short at the moment, but the dev promises to bring more features to the ROM in coming days/weeks.
You can grab the Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X from the download link below and follow the instructions link to install it on your device via Fastboot.
For updates and newer builds of the ROM, be sure to check out the original development page of the ROM at xda.
How to Install Pixel ROM on Nexus 5X
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download and unzip the ROM’s zip file from the link above to your PC.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into bootloader mode and connect it to the PC.
- Run the Flash-PixelROM.bat file from the files you extracted in Step 2 above and install the ROM.
- Your phone will reboot 2-3 times during the installation and rooting process.
Enjoy Pixel experience on your Nexus 5X with Pixel ROM. Happy Androiding!