At first glance the Yu Yuphoria from Micromax gives off a very premium look and feel. But underneath, the Yuphoria features budget specifications. The Snapdragon 410 processor along with 2GB of RAM powers the 5-inch 720p display. Couple that with a 2230mAh battery and you’ve got a pretty decent device.
The Yu series of smartphones was Micromax’s initiative to hook tech savvy youngsters into purchasing these devices. Originally the Yu series shipped with Cyanogen OS on board, but bow that it is no more, Lineage OS has come to the rescue of Yu devices.
Since this is an official release of Lineage OS, the ROM can be expected to be used as a daily driver, but it’s preferably safer to flash the Nightly builds. If you’re the daring type and are dying to find out what’s new with Lineage then by all means go ahead with the experimental builds.
Yu Yuphoria Lineage OS
Official build: Available, check the download link below:
- Lineage 14.1: Download link
Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
- Root addon package: Download Link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS. Also, you will need to download and flash root addon package separately as Lineage OS only provides root via ADB.
How to Install Lineage OS on Yuphoria
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your Yuphoria.
- Boot your Yuphoria into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Yuphoria in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- If you want root for apps, download and flash the root addon zip file as well.
- Once you’re done flashing all required files, reboot your Yuphoria.
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your Yu Yuphoria.