The International Galaxy S6 edge SM-G925F variant too is receiving Android 5.1.1 update now with build number G925FXXU2BOFJ. The update first released for the T-Mobile variant only a week ago, and earlier today Android 5.1.1 also released for the T-Mobile Galaxy S5 variant.
The Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 edge G925F is not rolling out in all regions yet though, but if you’re impatient, grab the firmware build for UK and Ireland from download link below and flash via Odin to your Galaxy S6 edge G925F variant. It’ll work.[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Galaxy S6 Edge G925F Android 5.1.1 Firmware – G925FXXU2BOFJ [icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Odin 3.10.6
Galaxy S6 Edge G925F Android 5.1.1 Update Installation
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 edge into Download mode:
- Switch off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your S6 edge is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now extract .zip firmware file you downloaded above to get the Odin flashable .tar file inside.
- Now click on the PDA tab on Odin window and select the .tar FIRMWARE file you extracted in the step above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy S6 edge and select the FIRMWARE file in PDA tab.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your phone will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your Galaxy S6 edge and your device will be running on Android 5.1.1 with build number G925FXXU2BOFJ.