Although Amazon has put up a nice option to easily set screensaver from the photos you’ve uploaded on your Amazon Cloud Drive, you might still have an appetite for those beautiful Daydream screensavers available on the Play Store.
And those of you who’d love to get Apple TV screensaver on their Fire TV, user xenyz over at xda has posted a neat guide to set the Aerial Dream Daydream (screensaver) from Play Store to your Fire TV. The process involves use of command line on your PC, but fret not, root isn’t required.
All you gotta do is get the .apk file of the Daydream screensaver app from the Play Store, sideload/install it on your Fire TV, connect your Fire TV to a PC with a USB cable, and then issue a few commands from the PC to set the screensaver.
Let’s get started..
How to Set a Daydream (screensaver) on Fire TVDownload Aerial Dream APK
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Get the apk file of the Daydream app you want. For Apple TV screensaver, download the Aerial Dream apk from the link above.
- Sideload (manually install) the Aerial Dream .apk file on your Fire TV.
- Enable USB Debugging on Fire TV: Go to Settings » System » Developer options » select ADB Debugging » select USB Debugging.
- Connect your Fire TV with a USB cable to the PC.
- Open command window on PC, and issue the following command:
adb shell settings put secure screensaver_components com.codingbuffalo.aerialdream/com.codingbuffalo.aerialdream.AerialDream
└ Tip: Change the app package name in the command above to your accordingly to your Daydream apk file name, in case you’re trying to set some a daydream screensaver other than Aerial Dream.
Congratulations! Apple TV’s screensaver is now set on your Fire TV.